Monday, June 15, 2009

Cape Cod: Sweet Caroline

My son seems to have fallen in love. We were having dinner at Marley's of Chatham on Sunday evening when he first met his lady love; her name is Caroline, and she is a waitress who originally hails from Lithuania. She is a pretty girl, probably twenty-seven or so years my son's senior, but he didn't seem to mind.

Little B put all his moves on her: staring her down, smiling, cooing, slapping the table, shrieking on occasion. Then, he got a little brazen and touched her ... on the rear end! And again near her hip bone as she was pouring water for us! (Yes, as his mother, I was a bit mortified at his boldness.) Caroline thought it was hilarious, though, and flirted right back with him.

Sadly, I don't think it will work out for them. The age gap is pretty significant; a relationship that starts out so dependent will most likely fail. I don't want her griping to me about how she feels taken-advantage-of by him, "He's always asking me to change his diaper or feed him! Men, ugh!" That's not the kind of love I want for my son, especially so early in life. But, as early crushes go, this one seems to have put a pep in his step, so I can't complain.


"What do you think, guys? Should I goose her caboose?"

"You're kidding?! She's actually staring at me?! Sweet!"

(There she is in the background.)
"I'm gonna make my move when she comes back to refill the water. Dad, drink up!"



No comments: