Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mindy's Graduation

Yeah, we had a busy weekend. First we had the baby shower on Saturday, then on Sunday my cousin Mindy graduated from high school! I got a lot more pictures from the event on Sunday than I did at the one on Saturday (mostly because I had extra hands to help with the little guy). Here they are ...

Yeah, I fell asleep on the way there. I was up at 6:00 a.m. to get ready for the day (and do my hair for once).

My son fell asleep, too. His seat was much more comfortable for napping than mine was, though.

The graduate (center) with her mom (Aunt Peggy) and brother (Steve). Isn't her dress beautiful?

My husband played high chair for my son while we fed him at Gigi and Great-Grandpa's house before the ceremony.

It was a gorgeous day, perfect for an outdoor graduation. All the girls were dressed in white and the boys were dressed in maroon. The only real way we could tell which one was Mindy was her tall, patent leather pumps ... thanks again for wearing those, Min!

There were a lot more girls graduating than boys ... don't know why that is.

Hat number one. I decided to try the elastic banded one first (thought it might be a little more comfortable than one with a chin strap), and this one covers his neck very nicely.

Hat number two, pulled at a jaunty angle. Daddy decided not to use the chin strap, which I'm sure my son appreciated. Mommy's not so nice.

This one's for you, Steve!
My husband forgot his sunglasses, and since my son wasn't going to be wearing his my hubby decided to use them like a monocle for a little relief. Funny guy!

My son on his Oma's lap, cheering for the graduates. As it turns out, he didn't like the clapping and cheering so much once it got louder, so my sister and I took him for a little walk around the top of the football stadium. Luckily, we still got to see my cousin graduate. Congrats, Mindy!

Checking out the program before our walk.

Afterwards, we all drove to Jackson to have dinner at Applebee's. As it was in a mall, they had a little trouble accommodating a group of our size. But we made it work!

The happy graduate!

My son and Steve hanging out, admiring a straw.

It was so good seeing all the family and getting to spend time with them! Hopefully we'll get to do it again soon!

No comments: