Monday, June 15, 2009

Cape Cod: Sunday

Sunday started out a bit early for us. I got up at 6:30 a.m.; my internal alarm clock was telling me to get up and wasn't about to let me go back to sleep. So I got up and pumped for about 45 minutes, waiting for everyone else to get up. Surprisingly, my son woke up at 7:30, ready to get to having fun. I think waking him up early the day before kinda threw him off.

Enjoying a little couch time with Daddy and the remote control.

Still so tired ... and so much bed head!

Playing with Oma ...

... then enjoying some breakfast.


After lunch, my mom, dad, sister, and I headed out to explore Chatham's main street; my husband stayed back with the little man while he was taking a nearly three hour nap! There is a lot of good shopping to be had on Main Street, and we'll definitely be headed back there again sometime during the course of our trip.
Once my son got up and had lunch, he and my husband met up with us and we all headed out for a little drive. We considered doing the early bird thing and having some dinner at this place, Sesuit Harbor Cafe, around 4:30 in the afternoon but eventually decided that it was just too early.
And yes, Dad got me to be a little silly at the restaurant, posing next to a lady pirate. Like my hook?

Here is my dad outside the restaurant. Yes, he is actually really tall (6'3") ... no, I don't know what happened to me (5'4").


Little B did an awesome job yesterday. He is such an amazing kiddo! So patient with all the adults in his life. Isn't he precious?


We ate dinner at 5:30 at a place called Marley's, but I will post more about that later. Let's just say, there were a lot of laughs.

After we got back from our little road trip, my husband and I left the little man with Oma, Grandpa E, and Aunt Christine and went for a quick look at the Chatham Lighthouse ...


... and the beach. It was a gorgeous evening and so nice to actually see the water!


There are rosa rugosa bushes growing both wild and in landscapes all over the place here in Chatham. This particular plant brings back fond memories of my childhood; we had one in our backyard at our old house and balls used to fall into it all the time. As you may or may not be able to tell from this picture, the plant has a lot of thorns on the stem; getting our balls back used to be quite the adventure. Regardless, it is a gorgeous flower and so nice to see again in such abundance!

When we got back from our little side trip, we got to spend time with the little man before bed. Here he is with Daddy reading his favorite book!


Of course, after the little guy went to bed, the excitement really ramped up ...


We all got in bed a little earlier than usual in preparation for today's trip to Provincetown, MA. We're hoping to leave around 11:00 a.m., so I should probably get a move on!

No comments: