Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cape Cod: A Very Tasty Tuesday

I don't know what it was about Tuesday, but I had some AWESOME food!

This first picture isn't about food, but it was too cute not to post. My husband and I were dressing Little B and got a little silly ... I don't think he would have been warm enough if we went with our initial outfit choice.

I can't remember the name of the place we went for lunch that day, but I will try to update this when I figure it out. Just in case any of you wanted a REALLY good Pilgrim sandwich when visiting Chatham. (Funny side-note story: I just asked my mom if she remembered the name of the place, and she said, "Yeah, cafe ... something. Chatham Cafe, I think that's what it was." I looked in the phone book and there is no such cafe listed. Thanks anyway, Mom! I appreciate you trying!)

Look at all that goodness! Roasted turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on a seven-grain bread. It was soooo goood!
Alright, I can't remember the name of this place either. Crapola. I'll get it figured out, don't worry. Anyhow, I got a wickedly good red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting at this place. I can't even begin to tell you how yummy it was ... like heaven in a paper wrapper!

Cape Cod restaurants are definitely all about the seafood, and as someone who prefers things that either fly or walk on the ground (and is a relatively picky eater) it can be difficult to find things to eat at these mostly seafood restaurants.

Chatham Squire was one of these such restaurants, but I was relieved to find tortellini Alfredo on the appetizer portion of the menu. Not usually one for cream sauces (they are so hit or miss, I find), I decided to try it anyways ... and I was more than pleased. It was absolutely delicious! Tri-color cheese tortellini in a wonderful Alfredo sauce ... yummy goodness all the way around!


Little B getting ready for dinner ... don't you just love the new bib his Oma got him?!

Checking out the people behind him at the restaurant ... he's all about making new friends these days.

The view from above. What a cutie!

After dinner, we went to Emack & Bolio's for some ice cream, and boy was it delicious! I had cookie dough, and I swear they used a regular sized cookie scoop for the dough chunks in the ice cream. They were huge!

Great eating day! Don't you just love it when you get a whole day's worth of scrumptious food?! I do.

No comments: