Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cookies for Chris: A Gift Idea

In the previous post, I mentioned that I made the Dump Cookies for my father-in-law, Chris, and that may have left a few of you a little curious as to why. Yes, I like to think of myself as a giving person, but ordinarily I wouldn't just make cookies for someone else (since I rarely make cookies at all). So what's up?

Well, for Christmas we gave him a membership to our own Cookie O' The Month Club! I typed out a list of all the different kinds of cookies I'd be willing to make, then every month he tells me which ones he wants and I make them for him. In May we had a little glitch because he had pre-purchased some Girl Scout cookies and didn't really need some from The Club (and then June was really busy so we fell a bit behind), but overall this has been a really easy, fun gift idea. I highly recommend it to those of you out there who love to bake or for those of you who need an inexpensive yet thoughtful gift idea.

As long as the gift recipient loves cookies (and my father-in-law sure does), it'll be a hit!

No comments: