Saturday, July 25, 2009

Friends, New and "Old"

On Thursday, my son and I took our first "big" road trip together, just the two of us, to visit my friend Colleen, her husband Eric, and their new baby Tobin. I'll admit, I was a little nervous to be driving alone for such a long distance (1 hour and 15 minutes) ... I have had trouble in the past staying awake at the wheel and I am a little more sleep-deprived now than I was previously, so I think my anxiety was warranted. In any case, the drive went fine; we arrived early no less and got to spend even more time with the Smiths!

Years ago, when we were college seniors, I doubt Colleen and I could have imagined this picture, visiting with each other - our beautiful sons in tow.

Little B had so many new things to explore! And so much crawling around can really make a boy hungry, so we got out his Cheerios for a little snack ... and he dumped them everywhere! Even after I picked them up, he still wanted them scattered across the carpet, so he picked up his snack ball and did it again. Oh boy.

He thought Tobin's baby swing was fascinating (he had nearly the same one when he was a newborn) and was pretty geeked when I took the little sun off of it for him to play with - in hopes that he wouldn't break the entire swing. Then he tried to put the sun in the toilet ... thank goodness the lid was closed!

Tobin was a sleepy little buddy while we were visiting, just as he should be ... he's only three weeks old! It was too cute, though, when his binky slipped out of his mouth and stayed delicately perched near his lips.


My sister knitted Tobin a hat and they decided to put it on him ... a little big now, but it should be perfect by winter!


We had such a fun time visiting with our friends, new and "old"! Hopefully we'll get to see them again soon; I know the little guys will have tons of fun playing together once they are a little older.

No comments: