Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Finally! A Beautiful Summer Day!

We finally had a day in July nice enough to even consider going for a swim at Oma's house, so Little B and I decided we'd head on over there after he finished his nap and lunch. He woke up from a nearly two hour nap (!!!), all snuggly with Mr. Bear and not really wanting to let him go. So we brought the fuzzy friend downstairs with us; the little man wanted me to give his bear some kisses, so I did.

Then he took his turn ... and gnawed on Mr. Bear a little bit.

Once it was time for lunch, he plopped Mr. Bear on the counter so he could watch. (Seriously, he did this ... not me.)


I gave Little B some puffs while I got his lunch all prepared and decided that his stuffed little buddy should have some, too. Once my son finished his puffs, though, he started to steal them from Mr. Bear.


We finally made it over to my parents' house and went for a swim! The water was brisk at first, but as long as the wind stayed away it was exceedingly pleasant. Little B seemed to enjoy sucking on his octopus squirty toy.


And he most definitely enjoyed it when we got out the little pitcher and started pouring water for him to stick his hands in!


Then he decided he needed to check out the railing, so shiny in the afternoon sun.


He seemed to like being bobbed in and out of the water, so we did that for as long as my arms would hold up.


Eventually, our feet reached maximum pruney-ness, signaling that it was time to get out of the pool. After swimming, it is always a good idea to replenish one's resources, so we took a little snack break. During that time, my son figured out how to get the lid off his container of puffs and stick his arm in there to retrieve his puffers. No more using that as a distraction/rattle, I guess!


The little man started showing signs of tiredness after a while ... so much fun in the sun.


So we went inside and played with his sports center. He's still trying to get the hang of it.



Isn't he super duper cute? (Yes, I know I am biased. No need to remind me.)


Then he needed to get in some play time with his beloved chair before we headed home to see Daddy. So excited!


After dinner it was snuggle time with Daddy.


They took turns patting the tie-dyed lap pad for a while. Simple things can be so much fun!


Then it was time for bed. After a long day of fun, my little man was ready for a good night's sleep! Yahoo! Happiness for us all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss Baylor! He's getting so big and he looks like Bryson more every day. I need to head up to GR for a visit soon. :)