Monday, July 6, 2009

Dragging @$$

I don't understand why exactly, but for the last couple of weeks I have been completely dragging during the day. So much so, that I nearly fall asleep as I am sitting eating my cereal. Showering helps a bit (as it always has) to wake me up, but I still find myself craving sleep throughout the day. I even took a two hour nap the other day with my son! Some might see that as normal, but it's probably only the fifth nap I've taken since he's been born (almost 10 months ago).

I had a blood test to check for anemia and apparently that came out negative, so what gives? I'm doing my best to eat healthy, I move a decent amount throughout the day just trying to keep up with my son, and I average about 7 hours of sleep a night (sometimes more).

Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Amber said...

Could something be up with your thyroid maybe??

I find that getting up in the morning and doing something physical for 20-30 minutes before starting my day REALLY helps my energy level. Not sure if that's possible with your son or not though...

Autumn said...

The only time I've felt that way was when I was pregnant.

I second the suggestion to get your thyroid checked.

Aubrey said...

My first thought was you might be pregnant. When I feel that way it is because of meds and bla bla bla. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Yeah, I suppose there is a slight possibility that I could be pregnant, but with no other symptoms it seems unlikely.

Do they check your thyroid with a CBC? I know I had that test too. Hopefully the test results will show up in the mail soon so I can see if they checked my thyroid.

Amber, not a bad idea ... I should see if I can figure something out.

Anonymous said...

Have ou had your b12 checked. I get that way at then end of every month before I get my injection of b12.