Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Time and the Living is Easy

My son finally got to enjoy the pool at my parents' house a little last week.

He was initially not too thrilled about being put in a swim diaper, swim trunks (that turned out to be a size too small), and a rash guard.


But after we threw on his wide-brimmed hat and got in the pool, he seemed to enjoy it. He was even less somber than he was in Florida ... bonus!

A couple days later, we got in again, this time with a new rash guard and swim trunks! Oh, and a new pool float that he seemed to enjoy. The sun was really bright, which is why he's making a face like he smelled a fart.

My mom also got him a super cute towel for after swimming.


Isn't my little Tigger just adorable?! Luckily, it's a little big on him so he has some room to grow into it. I just love a good hooded towel, don't you?

I am sure these are just the first of many trips we will make to the pool this summer. I love swimming and I so want to impart a love of water to my son. Yes, I occasionally daydream about teaching him how to dive, how to play Marco Polo or Quiet (our family version of Marco Polo ... without any talking at all), and how to do a somersault underwater ... sue me. And hey, if our kid has any of his dad's genes, he'll take to the water like a fish.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Great pics!!! SO cute!

I was a lifeguard/swim instructor for FOUR summers and it's SO important to take your kids swimming when they are little so they get used to the water, or else you might end up with a TWELVE year old who is scared to put their face under water (true story!) So, good for you for taking him swimming :-)

Anonymous said...

He looks like such a little man in these pictures. So cute too!