Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Went In For Groceries ...

And I came out with a new haircut!

Front

Side

Let me explain. I have been unhappy with my hair for a while; the last time I got it cut, my usual hairdresser cut a pretty sizable chunk out on one side that seemed to be accentuated by the natural curl/wave in my hair. Every day I stared at that piece of hair and wished it away; as the day wore on it would get more and more noticeable until I would just throw my hair up in a really messy ponytail.
T
So today, I was going to do some grocery shopping with my son at Meijer when my hair disgust hit me (and my hair started out particularly bad today for some reason so it was an intense disgust). We walked ourselves over to the Great Clips in Meijer where they were having a senior citizens discount day ... surprisingly, they were not busy, so I sat there and waited for a little less than five minutes. And then, holding my son on my lap, both of us wearing salon smocks, I got a haircut; she lopped off the ends all the way up to the odd chunk - probably a good two inches of hair.
T
Little B did great just sitting there; even when a tiny piece of hair landed directly on his nose, he just looked to me and said, "Ooh." What a cutie!
T
After I paid (only $15 including tip!), we went on our way and did the grocery shopping. Of course, after cutting so much hair off, I had a moment of panic. What the *#*$#% did I just do?! That sort of thing. Luckily, that only lasted for a few minutes and I was able to remind myself that hair does indeed grow back and that this is only a temporary setback to me growing my hair out.
T
So, I like the cut enough, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow. The true test is when you have to style it yourself, something I'm not overly adept at. I'll keep you posted as I'm sure you're on the edges of your seats. Riiiight.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looks great! Short hair is the best - so convenient!!

Autumn said...

Very cute cut!!