Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Toys and Strength-Testing Grandpa E

Upon realizing that my son was a little too old for some of the toys at their house, my mom promptly put those toys away and got some new toys for him to play with. He spent Friday afternoon testing out those new toys.

She bought him this little turtle because lately he has been all about pushing things across the floor, and the turtle's wheels move very well. He seemed to like it well enough, and hopefully he'll soon want to play catch with it, pushing it back and forth to someone else.


The other toy she got him is the Little Tykes Little Champs 3-in-1 Sports Center. It features a baseball station, where you can hit a ball on a tee; a basketball station, where you can make baskets, score points, and enjoy some cheering and music; and a football station, where you can spin a football filled with colorful plastic beads. He liked the spinning football pretty well, but putting the basketballs into the hoop escaped him from the start. It turns out, my son is a bit of a cheater; here he is padding his score after discovering the button that gives you points when you make a basket.

He loved the sports music this center plays and spent the majority of his time dancing to it!


He eventually gained interest in the basketballs, but he didn't quite get that they were supposed to go in the basket; he mostly wanted to dance with them in his hand and push them onto the hardwood floor to watch them roll around.


My dad came home from work a little early and got some quality time in with his favorite little guy! As my son has been all about light switches lately, they spent some time working on his switching skills ... and seeing just how much squatting my dad's knees can take!


They quickly moved to a decidedly more stable kneeling position and took some time out to enjoy the fruits of their switching labor.

"See, the lights are on!" "Ooh!"

Eventually, my dad pulled up a chair so they could really enjoy the light switches. He was quick to remind my son, however, that those paddles only have so many switches before they'll break ... aaaand flashback to my childhood. (I love you, Dad!)

Admiring their handiwork once again.

I'm sure my son will enjoy his new toys even more the older he gets, and we'll have many more fun afternoons like this was!

No comments: