Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ahh, There It Is ... Bummer

It was snowy out today, so Big B, Little B, and I went for a walk in the mall tonight. We checked out a couple stores then made our way around the wings, weaving our way through the crowds of teenagers and families. About halfway through the third wing, I felt a familiar pain shoot up the right side of my belly.

Yup, the round ligament pain I felt so frequently while pregnant with Baylor was back. And with a vengeance, too. Just a few steps into it and I could barely stand up straight, the pain crept around to my lower back, and I was breathing hard ... really hard. We finished wings three and four, and then I had to sit down. Sadly, the seat was still really warm from the previous occupant, and I have to say it was pretty unsettling.

Anyhow, I digress.

I was pretty happy that I had avoided round ligament pain so far this pregnancy, so I was quite disappointed when it reared its ugly head tonight. Up until now I have been pretty mobile; the last time I went for a mall walk I was able to make it through three laps. Yeah, that's unlikely to happen again. Whether it's the way the baby's positioned or his/her size, my round ligament pain is likely to stick around for the next nine days whenever I walk any distance at any pace.

And now I kinda wonder what else the next nine days have in store for me.

Whew. Deep breath, Nicole!

No comments: