Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Butterflies and Mischief-Making

The day she and my father-in-law left, Paula (my mother-in-law) took Baylor and I to the Gardens to see the butterflies. It is an exhibit they do every year, and it's always a big hit with the kids. This year, Little B was much more aware of his surroundings than his previous butterfly trip, so I wasn't sure how it would go. But away we went.

When we first walked into the conservatory, the heat and humidity hit us like a ton of bricks, and Baylor instantly started crying. Once we got his thermal long-sleeved t-shirt off, though, he was golden.

At first the heat and humidity fogged up my camera lens and made photographing the event very difficult.


But I soon got it warmed up and snapped a few good photos.


This butterfly was on the bench next to us. Sadly, he had a wounded pair of wings.


And I was shocked this one let me get close enough for an awesome picture.


After a nice lunch and a nap, Baylor was ready to run around and play. And so he did.

He smiled so big when I went to take his picture, he closed his eyes!


Later on, I caught him exploring the intricacies of his peg board.


Exploring is serious work, you know?


Well, not all the time.


One of his new favorite things to do is to climb up on our green leather chair with Owl and Elmo.
That day, he also worked on another of his new favorites: sticking all our coasters into the cushion. Note the little hand at work.


Then he moved on to the phone ... apparently he had lots of people to call. Just look at that concentration!


We had a good day of indoor nature and mischief-making!

No comments: