Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Lightening"? Really?!

Whomever came up with the term "lightening" for when a person's baby drops into their pelvis should have their head examined. Or it was a man.

If you couldn't tell from the previous statement, I'm pretty sure the baby has dropped. It's a lovely, pelvic-breaking, back-aching, pee-inducing sensation really. Over the last few days, my body has gotten increasingly more uncomfortable, and as unprepared and overwhelmed as I feel I'm kinda getting ready for Paco to make his/her appearance.

I honestly don't remember this happening with Baylor; I don't remember feeling so much bodily discomfort at the end of my pregnancy with him, other than the intense swelling of my limbs. Maybe that distracted me from this whole "lightening" process, who knows?

It'll be interesting to see what my OB has to say this Thursday at our appointment. Last week she made it seem like the baby was still pretty high up, so hopefully she'll be able to let me know if this is all in my head or not.

If this is the baby dropping, I'm not enjoying it much. Oy!

No comments: