Friday, March 5, 2010

Compression Hose ... Really? REALLY?!

For the last two weeks, I have been dutifully wearing maternity compression hose from the minute I get out of the shower to the minute I put on my pajamas at night. They are tight, they are warm, and they are exceedingly difficult to put on while pregnant (an irony that seems to be lost on my doctor).

Yesterday, in the compression hose area of my life, was miserable; I had somehow managed to get the left leg on really twisted and couldn't for the life of me fix it. I even got a second chance to put them on because I had to take them off for my doctor's appointment, and the left leg was still horribly corkscrewed - especially around the thigh area.

I went to put them on today and held them up so I could take a good look at them and try to figure out what in the world was going on. Much to my dismay, I looked at the left leg and found it to be backward. Yes, the left leg of my compression hose - my new pair, only a week old - had pulled an Exorcist-style move and turned itself completely around. Which probably means the other pair hadn't been sewn incorrectly. Apparently, after a week of continuous wear, one of the legs will just decide to freak out and face the other direction in protest.

Surprisingly, however, they went on really well today; so well, in fact, that I'm dreading having to use the bathroom for fear that they will get all messed up in the the up and down of the process. I have no idea what I did differently to make them feel better today; maybe it was just the complete hopelessness of getting them on correctly that helped out. Who knows?

Anyone ever have this happen with either normal nylons or compression hose? Anyone know how to fix it? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: