Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Compression Hose ... The Saga Continues

Well, remember how I said I put a hole in my compression hose the other day? Sadly, shortly thereafter, I put another even larger hole in the thigh of the other leg. It was time for that pair to go, backwards legs and all.

I had gotten another prescription from my doctor just in case something like this happened, so once the little man was asleep and my mom was over to "watch" him I headed out. Usually the Women's Health Boutique is pleasantly not busy, but Friday afternoon was a bit of a madhouse. I thought I'd just be in and out with a new pair of the same compression hose, but I got a different person this time and, unlike the first time I went in, she decided to do measurements.

Now, when you're swollen and pregnant, the last thing you want to do is be measured. Trust me. Then I found out that the last thing you want is someone analyzing said measurements. The certified compression hose measurer took out her little tape measure and got measurements of my thighs, calves, and ankles. Awesome. She wrote down the numbers and marveled that my right leg was smaller by a half an inch than my left leg at the thigh but bigger than my left leg by a half inch at the calf.

Yeah? Jealous?!

Once she was done with her analysis of my misshapen legs, she grabbed the proper size of a new brand of compression hose and started to get me checked out. Unfortunately, though very sweet, this woman thought my name was "Jacquie Bryson" and had a terrible time trying to find my chart. Eventually, we got that straightened out, and I headed home to relieve my mom.

The new hose are fine, pretty much like the last pair. I'm really hoping the legs don't reverse themselves this time, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm trying to give up on the anger towards them and just be grateful that they're letting me continue to wear normal maternity pants and move about like I'd like to ... mostly, anyways.

No comments: