Friday, March 12, 2010

36 Week Doctor Visit

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 36 week visit. Here are the stats:

Starting weight: 128 lbs.
Last week's weight: 172 lbs.
Current weight: 178 lbs. (sigh)
Blood Pressure: 104/? (either 60 or 80 ... the computer screen was far away and I couldn't really read it)
Belly Measure: 38 weeks
Dilation: 0 cm

Oh, and the Braxton Hicks contractions are really amping up. Yesterday morning I had 13 of them in an hour and a half, so I called the doctor's office and they told me to go to the ER. I sat there and debated it, then decided to wait to see what happened. They, of course, stopped and later on I found out that I'm not dilated at all, so it was a good thing I didn't rush off to the hospital. Regardless, my uterus is freaking out, and I can't say it's overly comfortable.

In spite of wearing my lovely, insane compression hose, I have still managed to retain a lot of water in my legs, a fact that irritates me to no end. By the end of the day, walking up the stairs to bed makes my knees feel like they are going to explode from all the water pressure. But, thankfully, my hands haven't puffed up too much yet, so I'm not suffering from the carpel tunnel syndrome I experienced while pregnant with Baylor. I hope that bit of it stays away for the duration.

So that's about it. I'm hungry all the time. I'm gaining weight like it's my job. I'm exhausted, stressed, worried, yet still trying to remain excited. Oh, and I started taking Zoloft (an antidepressant) this week to help combat post-partum depression, since I experienced it pretty intensely after Baylor was born. Hopefully things will be much more happy and joyous this time around.

Hope you have a wonderful morning!

No comments: