Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Glad We Know Our Shapes

Yesterday I wore one of my favorite maternity shirts, and all day long Baylor had an absolute blast telling me what colors the polka dots were. As I was putting him to bed, he realized I was still wearing the shirt, only now he couldn't tell which color was which. So I asked him what shape was on my shirt. He pointed to one and said, "Circ." I beamed and told him that yes, it was a circle. Then he pointed to a few others and said the same.

And then, he pointed to one farther down on my belly and said, "Oval." Aw, crap.


Sure enough, kid was right. He then decided to unknowingly add insult to injury and point out all the circles and ovals, rubbing it in just a little more.

I think it might be time to retire the shirt. So sad when you out grow MATERNITY clothes. But hey, my kiddo knows his shapes!

No comments: