Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Perfect Storm: Day 2

Little B started off day two of The Perfect Storm pretty happily. He got to have bananas for part of his breakfast, always a favorite.


And he got to bring butterfly to my doctor's appointment. Sadly, butterfly fell on the bathroom floor while we were there and now has to (somehow) be sterilized. Ugh.

He was a very good boy for my visit. He read books and generally kept himself busy. When my OB played the baby's heartbeat, Baylor looked around the room trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. Then when she took it off my belly, he said, "Off ... on?" Too cute!


After a quick stop at McD's for a shamrock shake (hey, I only gained two pounds since last visit), we went home and played for a little while. Finally, Baylor got hungry and we had lunch at the counter together.


He just loves sitting in his hippo chair!

He then went down for a nap that was, in my opinion, way too short - only about an hour or so. But, such is life.

After his nap, we took advantage of the warmer weather and went for a short walk. Our end goal was to pick up my in-laws' mail and paper, but we had a lot of fun along the way.

As it turns out, spring has started to ... well, spring!


Gorgeous day, huh? It was a bit brisk, but not too shabby for the beginning of March.


We walked until the sidewalk became bathed in sunlight; then, for some reason, Baylor stopped dead in his tracks and turned around. It may have had something to do with our neighbor's dog being outside and Baylor just loving dogs right now.

So he stared at the dog a bit. (Eventually he was brazen enough to go right up to Simon, the dog, and smile at him. Don't worry, I was right there as was Simon's owner, and he is used to small kids.)


Then we walked down to get the mail and paper, and my poor kiddo was pretty confused as to why we weren't hanging out and seeing Grandma and Grandpa. He banged on their door and tried to open it to no avail.


In all honesty, had he been wearing all black he would've looked like a little cat burglar. It was quite adorable.


He found a newspaper indicator marker on the ground and used it to scrape at the snow. It was a weird moment, but he thought it was hilarious!


Then, though we had accomplished our mission, he decided to go back to the front door and try to get in again. "Step!"


Isn't he the cutest?! (Yes, I know I am biased ...)


I was finally able to pry him away from their house, and we made our way home.


Once we got inside, his nose started running a bit and he seemed a bit tired.


And silly.


Just look at those rosy cheeks! His face and hands were so cold, but he didn't really seem to mind it much.


Yeah, he was a little tired from our walk.


But he perked right back up after a while and wore his Wee Wedgits as bracelets.


He kept making this face ... I think his nose was bothering him a little.


Today, his favorite number was zero. Can you tell?


"Peekaboo, Mom!"


He was interested in reading a book, so he took down his copy of "The New Baby" by Mercer Mayer ... then he said, "new baby". So I had to take a picture of the moment. (Now if only he knew there was an actual new baby coming.)


After a wonderful afternoon of hugs and laughter and all sorts of fun, I think it was expecting a lot that dinner would go smoothly. Little B didn't want to eat anything, particularly if he had to feed himself, so it was a frustrating event and our only real hiccup of the day.

I think it took him about twenty minutes to eat a bowl of applesauce, his favorite food. Whoa.


After dinner, he played in the living room by himself while I cleaned up the dishes. I heard a little grunting here and there, so I decided to go check it out. And I found him just listening to Raffi ... in a chair. He's really getting good at climbing, to say the least.


Then he climbed into his yellow bucket to play with his cups on the hearth. He even did a little mixed media work with his cups and his blocks!


Other cute things from today that I wasn't able to photograph:

Baylor asked for and sat through two whole readings of Horton Hears a Who! He loved the part when JoJo yells out, "Yopp!" So much so, in fact, that when I asked him, "What do we say?" he said, "Yopp!" instead of "Please."

He pointed out light and dark while we were eating dinner, as I didn't have the lights on in the dining room behind us.

He had me read The Digging-est Dog about four times today; I think he is truly enthralled by dogs at the present time. When we saw Simon, Baylor actually tried to enter their house to play with him!

He hugged me spontaneously a lot today. I have no idea why, but I'm not complaining.

No comments: