Sunday, March 21, 2010

One Week and One Night ...

Tonight marks one week before we put Baylor to bed at my parents' house, leaving him with them overnight for the first time so we can wake bright and early for the c-section.

Tonight, as I was giving him his milk and recounting the day's events, he looked at me, put his little hand on my cheek near my nose, smiled, and said, "Face." First time I've heard him say that. Then he nuzzled his head into my chest and smiled, saying, "Mama. Mama." He patted me on the shoulder and looked into my eyes.

I cried for a while after I got him down for bed tonight.

I am going to miss him so much.

1 comment:

Tarah Tiedt (McCarthy) said...

Looking back on this...wasn't it a great last night as an only child for Baylor? Wow...I wonder if he suspected he was going to be a big brother the next day. :-)

Congratulations, Nicole!

Doesn't this mean no more compression hose!!!!!!!!!!