Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things

Yes, I know this is a Facebook thing, but I really liked the idea.

1. My husband and I are high school sweethearts, and I love him dearly.
2. I love, love, love my son! (Big surprise there.)
3. I can't get enough of corn on the cob. But it has to be of good quality. Seriously, I can eat like 5 or 6 ears at a sitting.
4. I am constantly trying to be a better version of myself. Some days it goes well, some days not so much.
5. I'm not much of a cook, but I LOVE making casseroles! My sister got me a cookbook (101 Things to do with Casseroles) for Christmas and I've been making at least two a week ever since.
6. I'm jealous that my sister seems to be so effortlessly talented. Knitting, baking, finding things online, etc.
7. That said, I love my family. And I am SO glad we moved back to the west side of the state and are so close to them!
8. I forget sometimes that my son's baby monitor is NOT a two-way radio. Even with his door closed I still creep around the house like he can hear me.
9. I have had such trouble getting him to nap lately. His sleep is so precious to me now that I do everything almost silently trying desperately not to disrupt it. It is exhausting.
10. I want so badly for our house to be clean ... and it SO isn't.
11. I also really want to be more organized ... that is going better than I had expected.
12. I have fallen in love with covering shoe boxes with contact paper. Oh, and oatmeal boxes too! Cheap, yet adorable, storage.
13. Most days, my son wakes up and just starts talking to his mobile. Hands down one of the best parts of my day.
14. I love magazines (I subscribe to FIVE of them), but I have almost no time to read them.
15. If a magazine at the store has the words "easy dinners", "save money", "get organized", or "cute haircuts" on it I will probably buy it (unless it's super expensive).
16. I have been getting more and more sarcastic and snarky lately ... I need to stop that.
17. I have a sleep disorder (idiopathic hypersomnolence = falls asleep a lot/easily with no explanation) and have fallen asleep at the wheel before. It was terrifying, and honestly I am ashamed of it. Luckily, it hasn't happened in a long while. (knock on wood)
18. I knock on wood at least two or three times everyday and must be convinced that that actually does something.
19. I graduated MSU with a 4.0, left Albion with a 3.88, and graduated high school with a 4.013. That said, I worked A LOT and didn't socialize much.
20. I disliked school. Mostly elementary through high school, but I didn't like college as much as I probably should have.
21. I don't like change. I have had near panic attacks when changing to something new.
22. I do, however, LOVE the change of seasons. This dichotomy perplexes my husband.
23. Green has ALWAYS been my favorite color, and it might go back to my first Christmas when my dad bought me a Kermit the Frog stuffed animal.
24. I daydream all the time. Since I was little, I start ridiculous little soap operas in my head, conjuring up what might be if things in my life were different one way or another. Most of them start while I am in the shower ... this is probably why I take pretty long showers.
25. I am hungry almost all of the time. Almost every night I go to bed and can hear my stomach growling. Pregnant, nursing, or not I could almost always eat.

No comments: