Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Country Chicken Casserole

Sorry I forgot to do an Mmm ... Monday post! So here's my favorite recipe for you on this tasty Tuesday. I got the original recipe from a free women's magazine here in Grand Rapids, but I will post it with my personal tweaks. If you really want the original, just let me know and I'll either post it or send it to you personally.

Country Chicken Casserole

2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of potato soup
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups cooked vegetables*
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
4 cups prepared Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing

1. Stir soup, milk, thyme, black pepper, vegetables, and chicken in 3 quart shallow baking dish. Top with stuffing.

2. Bake at 400*F for 25 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown.

* I use a can of cooked, sliced carrots, and then make up the rest of the 4 cups with a mixture of peas and corn. I prefer frozen peas and corn, which I cook ahead of time.

This recipe is really easy, can be put together ahead of time (though I would top with stuffing right before you put it in the oven), and is super yummy! It is like a big dish of home.

No comments: