Friday, February 20, 2009

A Great Gift Idea for a Pregnant Lady

If anyone out there needs a great, unique gift idea for a pregnant friend or family member, I highly recommend getting her a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage. I received one while I was pregnant with my son and let me tell you, it was marvelous! Not only does it make you feel a little pampered (before the Pampers), but it also helps relieve stress and tension in your overworked body.

They will either have her lay on her side or use a pregnancy massage pillow that has the center cut out for her belly; I have tried both and would recommend either. It is important to make sure that the massage therapist avoids certain spots that are thought to trigger contractions, although towards the end there I thought about going in and asking her to press the crap out of those pressure points.

Anyhow, a pregnancy massage is a wonderful gift for any mother-to-be and will surely be appreciated.

No comments: