Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Post Baby Body and a Swimsuit

So we're heading to Florida in a few weeks (end of March) and I'm starting to look at my swimwear, wondering what in the world I should wear. I have lost all the baby weight, but my body looks nowhere near what it did before ... those 64 pounds had to go somewhere and my skin seems to have taken the brunt of it. It's not nearly as taut as it used to be, and I'm wondering if it will ever go back to the way it was.

Probably not, I know, I know.

Anyhow, last night I tried on some tankinis my sister loaned me and they just didn't seem to work. (sigh) Even though most of them had underwires, they didn't seem very supportive in the chest area. So I tried on my favorite halter bikini top ... and it fit! Well, generally speaking anyway, although I think it might make my dad a bit uncomfortable.

I was originally thinking I should go with a tankini to cover up the tummy (both the slightly saggy skin and the odd bruise I STILL have from my c-section), but now I'm wondering if a new bikini is in order for the support of my newly buxom chest. And is it okay for a mom to wear a bikini? I'm not talking the string variety, don't get me wrong. (cringe) But something with a bit of coverage and support ... would that be okay? Appropriate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you can wear a bikini and be a mom. You should wear what you feel most comfortable and confident in. I bet you look great in all of them. Enjoy your vacation!

Aubrey said...

Yes and Yes! You'll look fantastic in whatever you chose as long as you are comfy. Don't worry about it. =]

Have fun in the sun!