Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wii Fit Age ... Whoa

My husband got his Wii Fit last night. When the UPS guy came to the door, I exclaimed to our son, "Daddy's new toy is here!" My husband then proceeded to tell me that it is not a toy but a piece of exercise equipment. Oookay.

Either way, we both decided to register our Miis with it last night and found something rather shocking ... according to the little board, we both have "ages" of 38 years old! (We are both 27 years old.) I have to say, I wasn't expecting that. I am basically back down to my prepregnancy weight and it's a good weight for my height and frame. I could be a little more toned and have a little better cardiovascular fitness, but the board doesn't measure that. It just goes off your BMI score (mine was 22.13) and your score on a couple balance tests it runs.

So what gives?! I mean, I should be in better shape, but 38 years old?! I won't mind it saying that when I am 38 or older, but that's 11 years in the future. Agh, I am just so frustrated!

That said, I am going to go exercise (play?) now. Hopefully I can squeeze a good "workout" in before my boy wakes up.

No comments: