Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sun Babe


So as I mentioned in my previous post, we are taking a trip to Florida at the end of March. Hopefully the weather will be nice and warm, as I'm hoping to get my son into the pool for the first time. That said, I am concerned about sunscreen for him. We bought some yesterday at Ulta (Neutrogena Baby stuff ... looks promising), but I'm wondering where to put it on him. I know that sounds stupid, but think about it ... he doesn't know not to rub his eyes when it's on his hands, he sticks his hands and his feet in his mouth all the time, and should I put it on his scalp? He has really light hair and I would hate for his scalp to get burned, but I don't want the cradle cap to come back. (sigh) So much to think about.

Not to mention trying to pack for him ... oy! I just want to dump all his drawers and his entire closet into a suitcase and call it good. How do you pack for someone so small when the weather could be so variable? And all the toys he plays with ... what about those? Not to mention we need to bring his pack-n-play, car seat, some form of a high chair, etc.

I'm planning on buying his diapers down there ... no need to schlep them all the way from Michigan. But I will probably bring swim diapers with us in case they are tough to come by where we are staying.

Oh, and does anyone know of any baby lip balm that has sunscreen in it? We currently use one that doesn't have SPF but I'd like to find one if possible.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hi Nicole!

Thanks so much for your great comment on my blog :-) Your blog looks great too!

Your son is SO adorable in those sunglasses! I'm going to add you to my blogroll so I can check in more often!

PS: I don't know much about baby's but I'd say invest in some cute little hats to wear outside maybe?! :-)

Aubrey said...

As an Aunt I know that a lot of kids products are designed that if they do get in the child's eyes they are really mild and don't hurt - so if you buy baby lotion it should be ok to put on his hands as long as you rub it in really well. And yes you should out it on his head unless he is wearing a hat if his hair is fine/thin because his sclap will burn and that is no fun at all. I'll check with the Mom's in my family to see if they have any other advice! =]