Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Good Thing

My son is sick ... no, that is not a good thing. But his little nose is starting to run something fierce and the tissues I had were making his nose red, so I decided (at 9:00 p.m.) that I needed to go to the store to get some. I was going to take him with me (yes it was raining cats and dogs), but my husband said he could take a break from all the work he had to do to watch him. So I scooted out in the rain, in the dark, with a bit of a bad mood cloud over my head.

When I got to the store, I had trouble finding a parking spot and had to park a little ways away. I made a run for it inside and that's when I saw him ... my favorite greeter. He's probably in his forties and is confined to a wheelchair, but every time I see him and he smiles at me it makes my day.

"Good evening, darlin'!" he smiled and said to me. The clouds lifted, my smile came back, and I was able to focus on the task at hand: Puffs Plus for my sick little boy.

I don't know his name or anything about him, except for the fact that he is such a nice man. And he is a good thing in my life.

What are good things in your life?

No comments: