Sunday, April 26, 2009

Adventures Into the Kitchen

My son decided it was finally time, now that his crawling skills are up to par, to take a trip into the kitchen to do a little explorin'. Though he was initially a bit hesitant, mainly because he had to cross the threshold from the comfy living room carpet to the hard kitchen tile, but once he saw me go in there to put some dishes away he knew it was kosher. Here are some pictures from his travels.

He was immediately drawn to the guy on the Quaker Oats box in the pantry (yes, that is a box big enough for over 100 servings ... thank you, Costco).

On the way to the pantry, he stopped to inspect the curious wood strip at the corner by the stairway. I believe he will try to pry these off of the wall someday, and I'm not sure I will stop him.


After we closed the pantry (too much he could get into), he found the door stopper. He made it *broing* a few times, but he wasn't overly sure he liked it. A couple times he looked at me with his bottom lip poked out like he was going to cry. Then he would *broing* it again. Funny guy.


Yes, I am sure you have noticed by now that he is wearing nothing but socks and his diaper. We had a bit of a poop accident that left him without clothes about fifteen minutes before bedtime. At the risk of making more laundry for me to do, we just let him roam around in the buff. And yes, he enjoyed it immensely.


He finally realized I was taking pictures of his adventures and decided to come say hi. Isn't he adorable?! I just love his little drool-soaked chin!


I'm sure there are more kitchen adventures to be had, but before those can occur we have to make a trip of another sort ... time to make a trip to Babies R Us for some accessories to babyproof the WHOLE house. Little man is curious beyond belief ... and boy do I love him for it!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

He is very cute. =]

Great pictures!