Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cousins! Definitely NOT Identical Cousins!


That was the theme to the Patty Duke Show, right? (Only it was about identical cousins.)


Anyway, we had dinner at my in-laws last night (thanks again, Chris and Paula!) and we got to see my niece and nephew in the process. My niece is 32 months old (2.5 years) and my nephew is one month younger than my son (which would put him at almost seven months old).


While they definitely look like siblings (fair skin, reddish tint to the hair, etc.), they don't look a whole lot like my son. I guess you can kinda see the family resemblance, but they sure do look different from one another!



It'll be interesting to see the boys as they grow up; I really hope they end up being friends! I always wanted a cousin closer to me in age, but I had my sister so I can't complain too much.

This was one of my least favorite moments captured last night. My son smushing his cousin's face. Before he fell asleep, I had a talk with him about how we don't shove, hurt, etc. other people, especially those that are smaller than us. I want him to grow up to be a kind-hearted person, not a bully.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

It is good to have the "no hurting other people" talks early but trust me, on a developmental level your very sweet son has no idea what he was doing was bad. =]

I'm sure he will be just as thoughtful and kind as his parents.