Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Beloved Lola

I sold my beloved first car, Lola, today. I posted a listing on Craigslist at 9:38 p.m. last night and by about 11:30 a.m. today she was headed off to a new home. Crazy, right?




I know it's sappy, but I feel like a little part of me drove away today, never to return. Yes, she was a 1999 Plymouth Neon with tons of "quirks" - my sister has called her "jank" on many occasions - but she was there for me. Lola was with me when I started dating my now-husband, when I went off to college, when I broke up with my boyfriend (all eight times), when we drove home after our wedding, when we drove home from the hospital with our son. I have cried, screamed, laughed, and lived in her. And it was sad to see her go.



But now I have Wanda, and she is lovely. She represents a new chapter of my life and I am glad for that.

Still ... I will probably always miss Lola.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Dude - I loved your car too. We had a lot of fun in it. I also remember Bryson's first car - now that car was so perfectly trashy I loved it too. Sigh... first cars... memories...