Friday, April 24, 2009

Why I Hate My Sister (Happy Birthday, Christine! Pt. 1)

Full Disclosure: I do NOT hate my sister. In fact, I love and adore her; always have, always will. That said, she's not hip to the sappy thing.

Yeah, my sister Christine is perfect. Reason enough to hate her, right? She has perfect hair, perfect pinky-undertoned skin, perfectly blue eyes (just like MY son ... bah!), perfect tiny little feet to fit into perfect little shoes, ... and those are just the surface reasons why she's perfect.



To go along with that, she dresses impeccably. Gawh! Sleepwear, swimwear, workout wear, everyday wear, fancy wear, the girl looks good ALL THE TIME. It is soooo irritating. Whatever the season, whatever the event, she looks perfect. AND she knows how to dress other people, too! She has fantastic taste, knows when to ignore trends and when to scoop them up. She lived in the same house as me growing up ... how does she know this?! It must be innate in her.

Oh, and have I mentioned that she is super smart? Salutatorian of her high school class (should have been valedictorian), double major in communication and German with a minor in econ at a swanky liberal arts college where she was president of her sorority, blah ... blah ... blah. She seems to know and/or understand everything - what is up with that?!

Could be because she has an INSANE memory. The girl can remember anything and everything, especially numbers. You will NEVER be right when she is around, because she is. She just is. Her memory is just that good. Grrrrr!

Oh yeah, and she's naturally good at just about everything she does. It is maddening! Sports, knitting, looking things up online, finding deals, planning amazing vacations, baking, ... the list goes on and on and on.



All these things could be overlooked if she wasn't such an AWESOME person. Gawh!

She is hilarious. Have I said that? Sarcastic and witty, she can make you laugh even when you are feeling your worst. From pulling out a line from Friends or The Office (perennial favorites of ours) to making a quick-witted observation, she knows just what to say. Jealous?!

Um, and she is an amazing aunt. My son just adores her, lights up whenever he sees her, yadda, yadda, yadda. Kid is lucky to have her. That's all I have to say about that.



To top it all off, she's an awesome sister. She's my oldest friend and other mushy stuff like that.

All I can say positive about her is that I am thankful she is shorter than me. That's all I can lord over her. She's just that cool.
So happy birthday tomorrow ... or whatever.
I love you, Christine!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I have always like Christine too - she is just so cute! I'm just glad she is feeling better these days. I get worried when she is sick!