Monday, April 6, 2009

Mmm ... Monday: Key Lime Pie

This is one of the easiest and most yummy dessert recipes I have. I make it multiple times during the summer, and it delights the taste buds every time.

Key Lime Pie

1 graham cracker pie shell *
3 egg yolks
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand
1/2 cup lime juice
whipped cream

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit. In large mixing bowl, beat yolks with Eagle Brand and lime juice. Pour into pie shell and bake 30 minutes. Cool. Once cool, chill in the refridgerator. Top with whipped cream either before the fridge or when serving (I do it when serving because some people don't like whipped cream).

* You can make your own graham cracker crust or you can buy one from the store. I tend to buy organic ones from Meijer because they stay together better than any ones I can make. And I buy the organic ones because they don't have trans fats and seem to be a little better for you.

No comments: