Friday, April 24, 2009

Wanda the Honda

In the span of two days, we found, test drove, pondered, inspected, and purchased a car! Whew and whoa. It has been an exhausting two days. My mom and sister found our new-to-us car Wanda in the parking lot of our local Target. Knowing we were in the market for a bigger car (my son's new car seat just barely fit in Lola, my trusty Plymouth Neon), they copied down the number and called me with the scoop.

It snow-balled from there, and now we have Wanda. She is a 2003 Honda Odyssey minivan, fully loaded with a grey leather interior. Ooh la la! I negotiated the price with the previous owner and everything ... and, yes, I was nauseous the whole time, but I still did it.


The previous owners had some sort of dog and two kids (16 and 10), so the car needed a bit of cleaning up. Luckily, my parents have a wal-vac and tons of cleaning supplies they were willing to share, so I was able to clean her up a bit. Anybody have any advice on getting dog hair out of carpet?

My son was super tired but wanted to watch Mommy and figure out what the heck was going on. Here he is with his Oma!

He also wanted to take Wanda out for a spin. Too bad his little feet don't reach the pedals!


There she is! Wanda the Honda, in all her glory! A little more cleaning up to do, and hopefully she'll feel more like mine soon.
Incidentally, we will be selling Lola, so if you or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me! I'll try to post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Carpet & Room. It helps if there is any odor left from the puppy and says it is "Easy Pet Hair Pick Up". Out little guy isn't really shedding yet, but I used to use this at my parents and it worked on cat hair. You just sprinkle it on the carpet, wait 15 minutes and then vacuum.

And now you have plenty of room for a dog for Baylor. He would love a little lab puppy to play with!

Amber said...

Yayy congrats on your new wheels :-)