Monday, April 13, 2009

Mmm ... Monday: Paula's Meatballs

This recipe comes from my mother-in-law Paula; these are the best meatballs you will ever have. Period.

(By the way, they are Italian meatballs ... not to be confused with the appetizer variety meatballs.)

Paula's Meatballs

2 well-beaten eggs
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. parsley
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Mix above ingredients. Form into balls.* Brown in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir in your favorite spaghetti sauce (works well with traditional Ragu). Serve over spaghetti.

Obviously you could also use these for meatball subs or the like. I just copied down the recipe verbatim because that's how I roll.

In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with these meatballs. They are super easy to make and I haven't met a person yet who has tried them and doesn't like them. Plus, they freeze really well; I recommend freezing them in freezer bags and then thawing them in the fridge the day you plan on using them. Then just warm them up with the sauce and you are good to go!

Enjoy!

* I usually make the balls between ping pong and golf ball sized.

No comments: