Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Big Boy Room and a "New" Glider

After all the painting and decals and carpet, it was finally time to put the finishing touches on Baylor's big boy room. This included slip covering a glider I bought from one of my parents' neighbors, so my mom helped me out with that yesterday. All part of Operation Tick Tock, you know?

At first, Little B was content just watching Oma from above.

Then he insisted on helping her at the sewing machine.

After dinner, we stuffed the cushion into the slip cover, and Mom got it sewed up ... with a little help from a little man.


Then, of course, we took a snack break. Baylor had a little bit of my peppermint ice cream. I swear he liked it!


See, he's asking for more!


Last night we got the cushions put back on the chair, and today my son got to play around a bit while I snapped a few photos. First and foremost, he wanted to climb into the chair and test things out. Yup, good for reading!


Didn't it come out great?! Thanks again, Mom!


Then it was time to test out the new dresser (firmly attached to the wall, of course). We've decided to try using the top of the shorter dresser as a changing table, and so far it is working out well.


Little B totally upgraded closets when he moved to his new room! I put all his clothes on the top rod so he can just sit in his closet - like he likes to - and read books I have stored on a little shelf in there.


He was so excited to see his Doggies book after it being AWOL for a while!


We officially moved him into his room last Saturday, January 16th, and I have to say I was quite sad that night. When my husband told Baylor before his nap that day, "This is probably the last time you'll sleep in your old room," I burst into tears and had to read my son his stories while crying. Then I sobbed for a while after he went down for his nap. It's just so hard to think that he's old enough to be moved into a "big boy" room. And, of course, my pregnant brain decided to fast forward a bit and I mourned the days when he'll move out of the house and into his own place.

One thing at a time, though.

He's in his big boy room. He loves it. That's all I need to know right now.

No comments: