Thursday, January 28, 2010

Opposites and Numbers

Today my son and I hung out at home, and the little man dazzled me with all his new tricks. During lunch, he all of a sudden started saying all of the opposites he knew:

"Up!" ... "Down."

"In!" ... "Out!"

"On." ... "Off!"

Then he'd just smile at me. I tried to explain how they were opposites, but he just wanted to say them over and over again.

We also played with coasters today, and Baylor decided to show off his counting skills. He had already dumped all the coasters onto the floor, then when I showed up he picked them up one by one and ever-so-quietly counted, "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven." Two and three sounded a bit alike, as did four and five, but he did a really good job nonetheless.

I'm so proud of him! I can't believe how much he changes every single day and how lucky I am to be able to witness it all.

No comments: