Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tick Tock

Right now I feel like my life is in an hourglass. I have an end date for this pregnancy (March 29th for those of you who may have missed that post) and because I've already had a c-section once I know what to expect. I expect to be having to rely on others for weeks, unable to even go up and down the stairs at my own leisure. I expect to be on an emotional roller coaster ride, feeling so thrilled to have Paco in our lives but so conflicted about spending less time with Baylor (I feel this already so I can imagine that after the baby is born it will get even more intense), all the while battling a depression I am ready to fight but so sad will come. I expect to be in physical pain for a while, both with my surgery wounds and with the joys of breastfeeding all over again.

So time feels like it's tick-tocking away for me and I feel the need to get stuff done. Maybe all that "nesting" stuff is just your body's way of telling you, "You won't be able to do this later so DO IT NOW!!!"

So anyhow, I've got to get things done. And at the same time, I need to keep up this blog ... for my sanity. Wish me luck ... there's lots to be done!

No comments: