Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eating Apples with My Boy

My little man and I got a lot done this morning even though I was feeling a bit under the weather. We did a few loads of laundry (he helped take stuff out of the dryer and directed me on how to start up a new wash load), took stuff to the dry cleaners, then headed to our local apple orchard for a half peck of new apples.

I had been sticking with Cameos, but there weren't many bags left and that made me wonder if they were any good anymore. So I bought Jonagolds (I think) instead ... we'll see how they taste once we get to them.

In the meantime, Baylor and I shared an apple when we got home. It was lovely.


I cut his up into little bits (see them there in front of his bib) and he goes to town. Now that he's got four molars, he chews them much better and things move a bit more quickly, thank goodness!

Patiently waiting for Mama to peel and slice another bit of apple. What a good little boy!


The Cameo was fantastic, and I can safely say we both enjoyed it thoroughly.


I hope you all are having a delicious day!

(I don't remember if I've posted this piece of advice before - and my computer is being too slow for me to check it out - but the lady who owns the orchard near us told me that the best way to keep apples fresh is to take them out of the bag, put them in the crisper, then cover them with a damp towel. Apparently they stay fresher longer if they are kept in a humid environment. Who knew?)

No comments: