Friday, January 8, 2010

Nearly 28 Weeks ...

Hi there. I had my nearly-28 weeks pregnant doctor's appointment yesterday, and I thought I'd give you all an update. Maybe if I had been doing this all along like I said I was going to, yesterday wouldn't have been so sucky. Or maybe it would. I don't know.

Anyhow, here are my current stats:
Blood pressure: 92/56
Weight: 158 lbs.
Weight at last visit: 148 lbs.
Weight at beginning of pregnancy: 128 lbs. (approximately)
Glucose tolerance test results: still pending

Yeah, you read that right. I gained 10 pounds over Christmas and have gained 30 pounds overall. I'm not proud of it, far from it actually. I don't think I've been taking very good care of myself, and while I know Paco will take from me what he needs I know I need to eat better for the both of us. It's my own fault; I have no willpower. And I guess by revealing my weight gain here for you all to see, I am trying to hold myself more accountable. We'll see how that goes.

On a side note, if the last part of your pregnancy is going to be during the winter months, I highly recommend picking up a sweatshirt like this:

It is from Old Navy (thanks, Mom!) and is wonderfully warm and comfy.

So here I am, in all my pregnant glory.

Full-on profile ... eat your heart out!


Sorry to be all down-in-the-dumps for this post ... lately I have been waking up on the proverbial wrong-side-of-the-bed and it's kinda got a hold of me right now.

Oh, speaking of waking up and sleep and whatnot, I need some advice from those of you who have been pregnant. Lately I have been in extreme pelvic/hip pain during the night and into the morning. I can't roll over without being in agony just moving my legs (forwards and backwards, not side-to-side) and when I get out of bed to either pee or get up for the morning it takes all my concentration not to cry out in pain. When laying, I feel like someone is shoving a steel rod through my hips, and when standing I feel like someone is trying to crack my pelvis in half. Anyone go through this before and have any tips on how to make it stop hurting so much?

I'll try to be more cheery later today or tomorrow ... whenever I get the chance to post next.

I truly hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Oh, and Paco is doing just fine ... heartbeat was strong, and I'm measuring at about 29 weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful Nicole! I mean it! And so you indulged a little big deal when else in your life can you? As long as you and Paco are healty go for it!

Amber said...

Well I think you look fan-freaking-tastic as a pregnant lady! Love your lil bump :)

Tarah Tiedt (McCarthy) said...

You do look beautiful, Nicole! And, I'm glad Paco is doing well!!

I had a lot of pelvic and hip pain while I was pregnant...especially at night. Rolling over and getting out of bed were very painful!

The only thing I found that helped was 2 body pillows (my husband never knew if I was in bed or not because I had so many pillows). I would hug 1 pillow and put it under my bellow with my top leg on top of the pillow and bottom leg under it. Then I would put the other pillow behind me(partially under my back) so it kind of felt like I was laying on my back but I was still on my side.

I hope this helps!!

Tarah Tiedt (McCarthy) said...

That way too, when I rolled over, I didn't have to pull the pillow over with me...I just re-situated myself with the pillow on the other side.

Unknown said...

You are looking lovely. Don't get so down on yourself about the weight gain. You have a lot on your plate and you are doing the best you can.

On the pelvic pain thing, I had something similar and went to see a physiotherapist and it turned out to be sciatica. She did a lot of work on me and it helped me through it. I was hardly moving by the time Xavier arrived because if I moved around too much, I would end up in pain again.

I took it as a sign to slow down.

Good luck, I suggest you go see someone about it.

All my love.
xxx

Nicole said...

Thanks for all the advice and support, ladies! I really appreciate it. :o)