Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009 Part Five!

Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go!

My grandma, not Baylor's. His Grandma only lives three doors down from us and his Oma was riding in the car in question.

Anyhow, the little man was counted upon to nap on the way to Eaton Rapids this year and finally fell asleep as we got off the highway, minutes away from our destination. So my dad, being the cool grandpa he is, drove around the small town for a little while to give Little B as much of a nap as we could muster.

In spite of only getting a half an hour nap, Baylor was all sorts of ready for the holiday festivities and seemed happy to be amongst family.

He even helped unwrap gifts!
He seems to think Christmas is all about adults reading him books ...


... seriously!


The guys got travel electric shavers from my grandparents this year ...


And Aunt Peggy offered to try it out for them!


I asked for a smile from Baylor, but this was all I got. It was cute anyways.


Every year we play bingo with the Cartwright side of the family after dinner is done. My dad organizes it, and he takes either my sister, my husband, or me out with him to select prizes with the "things you never knew you always needed" criterion. (I was the lucky partner in crime this year.)
Little B was infinitely curious about what Grandpa E was doing.


Dad wraps the prizes very uniquely ... I swear, he must go through an entire roll of duct tape every year!


It was so wonderful to spend time with everyone on Christmas day!

No comments: