Monday, January 4, 2010

What Made You Smile Today?

I read this article over on the Huffington Post today, and it made me take a second to think about all the things that made me smile today.

Baylor saying "Off!" time and time again, enunciating the "f" extraordinarily well.

Finding him sitting in his crib with his blankie around his shoulders, smiling at me as I walked in to greet him this morning.

York Peppermint Patties.

Feeling Paco kick and hiccup every now and then.

Having my husband make dinner. (Thanks again, honey!)

The article is about a guy who asks his kids every day what has made them smile - because knowing about their day and what made them happy makes him happy. But I think it's also about taking a look at the positive things in your day; too often we focus on the negatives and drown ourselves in frowns.

So what made you smile today?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yesterday evening hearing Liam giggle for the second time ever certainly made me smile. So far this morning no giggles, but lots of smiles and "talking". It's easy to have lots of smiles with precious little ones around. This is an awesome idea!!