Saturday, May 9, 2009

5:00 a.m. Sucks!

Yeah, today and yesterday I got up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready for the garage sale. Yesterday it was necessary to get up that early - I had a lot to do. But today I probably could have slept in more ... but I HAD to pump so I had to get up. I am exhausted.

And, of course, it's pouring out today. We said we'd be open "rain or shine" so we've got to do the sale again today, but I'm wondering how many customers we'll actually get. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't go out in this mess today.

Yesterday went pretty well with the sale ... some highlights/lowlights:

One of our earlier customers of the day was an older gentleman (probably in his mid- to late seventies) who was wearing an Elvis Presley 45 (record) for a necklace ... it was tied to his neck with a leather cord. Awesome!

One of our customers smelled like pot and just HAD to purchase Dazed and Confused.

Another customer came in with a supposed bottle of Mtn. Dew but smelled like alcohol (according to my mom, a.k.a. the family bloodhound).

A lady who bought at least three large jar candles was picking them up to carry them off when she lifted one by the lid (a BIG no no), it dropped and broke, and she cut her finger really bad on the glass. She was bleeding profusely and probably ended up needing stitches. Definitely a lowlight.

I sold most of our large items! Yay!


So that's that. We'll see how today goes ... we're only open from 8 a.m. to noon, so hopefully it'll be an easier day. Maybe I'll take a nap this afternoon - the thought is absolutely intoxicating. Sadly, though, it probably won't happen ... our garage is full of "treasures" that will need to be taken to Goodwill if they don't sell.

Wish us luck!

No comments: