Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mom's 51st Birthday

Yesterday, Cinco de Mayo, was my mom's 51st birthday. It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm, and everyone seemed to be in great spirits. My son had a little trouble napping, but he was all smiles for his Oma, as usual.

After a lovely dinner at Carraba's, we went back to my parents' house and did the birthday thing.





Here is my son, helping his Oma open her gift from him.

Mom blowing out the candle on her birthday cake. Lemon cake, lemon buttercream frosting, and raspberry preserve filling ... it was absolutely delicious!

Nothing says 51 like playing on the floor with a baby boy and an alligator. Here are my son and Oma sending the little gator back and forth.

Isn't my mom gorgeous?

We were all very entertained by my son when he got a hold of their cordless phone. He started pushing numbers, then we dialed my dad's cell phone for him and he went to town on the voice mail. By the end of the night, we were all roaring with laughter.

It was a wonderful, laughter-filled evening, and I think I can safely say we all had a really great time. Happy birthday to you, Mom! I hope this is your best year yet!

No comments: