Thursday, May 21, 2009

Within a Year's Time ...

I saw some pictures from this past year scroll by on our Google ticker thingy and I felt compelled to share them with you guys. I can't believe these were all taken less than a year ago!

This was the Fourth of July last year. Yes, we are standing in front of the Reflecting Pool and the Washington Memorial. We took a trip to Fairfax, VA to visit my college friend Katie and her husband Ben. It was particularly hot this day and my firecracker popsicle was melting EVERYWHERE. You can't really see it in this picture, but my hand is covered in blue and I have drip stains all over my shirt and pants. Also, yes I was huge and I still had two months left to go before I had the little nipper. Whoa.

Here is my son when he was less than a week old. He looks tiny, but compared to other babies his age he was a giant at 10 lbs. 10 oz.

Just over a week old in this picture ... it seems so long ago that I could cradle him in my arms like that. If I tried to do that now, he'd squirm and look at me like I was crazy.

This photo was taken on his one month birthday ... note the tiny smile. He's been a stunner from the get-go.

And here he is, just a little over a month old. He couldn't even hold his head up, and he still slept most of the time. Crazyness.
I miss my little baby sometimes, but I have to say I am having SO much fun with my little man. Watching him grow and change has been the experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Amber said...

1. You looked GREAT when you were pregnant!

2. I usually don't think newborn babies are very cute but your son was (and still is) ADORABLE!