Friday, May 22, 2009

The Land of Tulips and Wooden Shoes

Yesterday, my son and I traveled with my mom and sister to Holland, Michigan. Located on Lake Michigan's eastern shore, it is a lovely town filled with tulips and Dutch-ness. The downtown area is great for shopping and walking, so that's what we did.

There is a great picture of me as a baby in Holland asleep in front of a bed of tulips. If I can find it and somehow get it into my computer, I will post it sometime. Until then, here is a picture we took of my son trying to recreate the picture of me. He is not asleep, as you can plainly see, but he certainly is adorable!

Here is my son practicing his new smile. He did it just about any time he thought I was taking a picture of him. It was quite adorable and hilarious.

We had lunch at the New Holland Brewery and my son desperately wanted to either suck on the table (yuck!) or join in on the conversation.

My son, mom, and sister at lunch. Notice the smile practicing/scowling ... almost like he's smelling a dirty diaper or something.

He's doing really well eating Cheerios and puffs using his pinching skills. Nonetheless, he still tossed a bunch of them on the floor. My little Newton is figuring out gravity on his own.

Grinning with Aunt Christine. She seemed to get a kick out of it.

He got to eat his lunch outside (eat your heart out, Grandpa E!), watching dogs, trucks, and the elderly as they passed him by.

We amused ourselves in a clothing store by looking at a three-way mirror. He was smiling before I took out the camera for the picture, then he clammed up. Go figure.
All in all, we had a great time in Holland with the ladies. The economy is taking its toll on the downtown area shops, but there was still lots of great shopping to be had. Hopefully we'll get to take a nice stroll there again soon!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I wanted to get to Tulip Time this year but, our schedule was too packed.