Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Beef Taco Skillet

I know I posted two recipes yesterday, but I made this for dinner last night and it was sooooo good I had to share. That, and the fact that I'll probably never make it again. Why? My husband didn't like it.

For those of you that don't know my husband, he will eat just about anything. Seriously. He loves concocting weird combinations and eats whatever I put in front of him. EXCEPT goulash. (Oh, and he doesn't like it when I mess with mac n' cheese ... he feels that Kraft got it right so why bother?) And if I was forced to rename the meal from last night it would be Mexican Goulash. Grrr! Of course, I didn't really realize this until I was spooning this delectable meal onto his plate.

So anyhow, here it is ... enjoy it for me, would you?

Beef Taco Skillet (from CampbellsKitchen.com)

1 lb. ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Tomato Soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas (6"), cut into 1" pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (though I used Mexican and it tasted amazing)

Cook beef in 10" skillet until well-browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.

Stir in soup, salsa, water, and tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Stir. Top with cheese.

Makes 4 servings.

It is awesome. Seriously. Ooh, and I added about a half cup of chopped white onion to the meat while it was browning ... excellent! Also, don't let it cook for too long past the five minutes; the tortillas get perfectly done in those five minutes and I imagine they get a little soggy if you let it go too long.

I hope you like it as much as I did!

No comments: