Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Mother's Day!

(Sorry, I know this is over a week late, but I finally got the rest of the day's pictures from my mom yesterday.)



I got to have my first official Mother's Day on May 10th, and it was lovely. I can't even tell you how proud I am to finally be a mom, to have the responsibility and joy of it all in my life. I love being a mother, and though this first Mother's Day was a bit hectic it was a great reminder of how happy I am in my life now.

We spent the morning getting ready, then we headed to my in-laws' for lunch and my parents' for dinner.


My Mother's Day gifts from my boys ... flowers from the hubby and Junior Mints from junior!

Playing a bit in the living room before the festivities started.

First time in a kid-sized rocking chair at Grandma's house.
Giving some lovin' to Dressy Bessy ... I think my son's in love with a blonde!

Off to Oma's for some Mother's Day fun!

"I can't get enough of Oma!"

It was the Year of the Green Purses. My mom with hers ...

And me with mine!

Me and my beautiful boy. His expression sums up my feelings for the day.

And possibly the best part of my day ...


1 comment:

Amber said...

Awww, I'm glad to hear you had such a great mother's day. Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!