Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Oh ... My ... God ... Yay!!!"

That is exactly what I thought last night when I suddenly found myself walking in front of my perennial favorite ice cream flavor at Baskin Robbins: daiquiri ice! Last year, swollen and pregnant, I waddled in front of the case, broken-hearted, hearing the ice cream lady tell me they had revamped the flavor. Did I like it? No, I did not. So when I saw it last night, I had to taste test it first to make sure it was back in its original form.

And it was.

Hallelujah!

I got the kid-sized scoop because it was $1 scoop night (all Tuesdays are), but I really wanted more. And as it's the flavor of the month, I can guarantee you I will be back very, very soon to get it.

(Sorry if this already seems scatterbrained ... my heart actually quickens a bit when I think about this delightful flavor. Ah, true love!)

What is daiquiri ice, you ask? Well, here is what Baskin Robbins has to say about it ...

"First created in 1962 and back in 2009 by popular demand, lime ice blends with a splash of rum flavoring for a taste of the islands."

I have no idea how I came to discover this wonderful flavor, but I have loved it since I was a child. Shocking, I know. And even weirder, perhaps ... I often get it with hot fudge on top! I know you are probably recoiling in disgust right now, but don't knock it until you've tried it.

Alright, enough waxing rhapsodic.

I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I do (though I doubt that's possible).

No comments: