Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fresh Pineapple: Possibly Evil?

Has anyone else ever had this happen before? I was eating dinner at my parents' house tonight, and they served some fresh, delicious pineapple as a side dish. Usually, I don't like pineapple enough to get past the first couple pieces, but this stuff was surprisingly good. I ate a ramekin full of it, and afterwards I started feeling pretty crappy.

"What?!" you say.

Yeah, I had to burp but couldn't, which made my stomach feel kinda queasy. And this feeling continued even after I finally did burp. Even now, hours later, I still don't feel quite right.

Have any of you had this happen to you before? Any idea what's going on here? I can eat grilled pineapple just fine, but fresh, uncooked pineapple is apparently off the menu for me (beyond a few stolen pieces ... though the thought of it is slightly nauseating).

No comments: