Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 56 (still really late)

Today I am grateful, again, for this year of gratitude thing I've got going on here.  Clearly I had slacked off on doing these daily postings, largely because I was trying so hard to catch up on all the pictures I had fallen behind on posting, and then a bunch of stuff happened; Baylor got sick with some sort of bizarro virus (like the stomach flu but not) and my husband came down with a wicked cold that put him out of business for a while, then I got his cold.  In the midst of the first couple terrible days of this cold, I started finding it difficult to be thankful for much of anything; I was getting down on myself, on the world, on everything and I could feel it happening.  So, even though I didn't do it on here, I started writing posts in my head for all the things I am grateful for.

And what happened?

I was able to pull myself up a bit.  Yes, I still felt like I had been run over by a truck and had my head in a vice, but my mood was a little better.  And when I started spiraling, I was able to dust myself off and get back on track.  Without the fifty-some days of practice I've had on here, I'm pretty sure I would have stayed down.

Practice makes perfect, right?

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: